Over the last 10 years we have provided genealogy and probate services to the public sector, this includes local authorities, hospitals and coroners.
We have proven solutions for welfare funerals and for estates that need legal assistance. We work on all cases whether there is an estate or not. All our services to the public sector are free.
Why locate next of kin?
- Informing the bereaved and offering the option of attending the funeral can only reflect positively on the authority.
- Averts bad publicity if a relative turns up after a funeral
- You can ask any traced kin to take over responsibility for funeral arrangements. If the family cannot take on the costs, at least you can give them the option to attend.
- Properties and estate assets are secured and insured within 24 hours, reducing the risk to the authority.
- The family can be asked to deal with any personal possessions.
- We speed up the process of dealing with estates and in most cases reduce the authorities expenditure, particularly on welfare funerals.
- Any costs that the council has incurred or any debts owed to the council are paid as soon as possible.
- If our research proves that there is no family, you can proceed with funeral arrangements and make a definitive GLD referral.